Comprehensive Arizona Home Buying Plan
FOR ARIZONA HOME BUYERS
Sam Elam, Associate Broker
It's exciting to be buying one of the homes for sale in Gilbert AZ, Chandler AZ, and Mesa AZ. And the best way to make sure that you choose the right home is being prepared for success. The purchase of a home is a tremendous investment in time, money and emotion. Below are some tips that will help your transaction progress smoothly and result in you being a happy homeowner. I look forward to taking this journey with you and to facilitate the entire process for you!
Remember, if you have any questions I am always just a phone call, text or email away.
- Put together your team of professionals to guide you. Your new Arizona home most likely represents one of the largest investments in your life. In order to ensure your transaction goes smoothly with no worry or hassle, it is of vital importance you choose the right real estate agent to represent your interests and a lender offering your preferred loan programs and committed to getting your loan approved and documents delivered to escrow well in advance of closing.
- Pick your REALTOR® with great care. The right real estate agent has years of experience working with buyers, in-depth real estate market knowledge, thorough knowledge of all contract forms to craft an offer that meets your needs, strong negotiating skills, efficient and effective problem resolution skills should they arise and is available to answer your questions and address your concerns quickly. Your success depends upon finding a real estate expert familiar with and knowledgeable about Gilbert, Chandler, Mesa, Tempe AZ real estate markets. Sam Elam is an Associate Broker who began selling Phoenix real estate full time in 1995. Sam has the skills and knowledge to be a formidable member of your team!
- Get loan pre-approval – and peace of mind. Do you already know how much home you can afford? There is nothing more frustrating than looking for a home, finding the perfect home, and then discovering that it is out of your price range. Speak with a lender to learn about the different financing options available to you. When you find the right lender, get the paperwork processed before you start looking for your dream home in Chandler, Gilbert, and Mesa, so that you will be ready to make the strongest offer that the seller will jump to accept.
- Avoid any major purchases before you close escrow on your new home. In order to determine the amount of home, you can afford a lender uses your debt-to-income ratio. This ratio is the percentage of your pre-tax income that you spend on debt. Your debt ratio will include monthly housing costs, car payments, credit cards, student loans, and any other installment debt. If you take on more debt right before buying a home in Gilbert, Chandler or Mesa AZ, it is going to have an impact on the amount of the loan that the lender will finance, and you may undo your prior loan approval.
- Sign up as a VIP on my website and study the real estate market. In order to make an educated decision, you need to know what is available and how much it is going to cost. You can browse all the active listings from my website. Once you have found some homes you like, save those searches and sign up for Property Finder so that similar new listings will be emailed to you automatically. The best homes move fast, so you need to make sure that you are on top of the available inventory at all times so you do not miss out.
- Ask Questions. The best place to start is by reading the Arizona Buyer Advisory. It is a road map to selecting your home, what you need to know about Arizona, what questions to ask, what to look for and look out for, who is the best resource of the information you are seeking.
- Get an inspection. Another very important member of your team is your licensed home inspector you rely upon to provide a thorough inspection of the property you have under contract during the 10 day inspection period. The last thing you want to discover after you bought a home is that you purchased a "money pit" full of defects that will be costly to repair and maintain. If serious problems are found, either negotiate for the seller to fix them before you buy or cancel the contract and we'll find another home without problems. I won’t be satisfied until you are completely happy with your home purchase decision.
Tell me what I can do for you: